Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hello Fall!


Hello everyone!  Happy fall!

Things have been very busy these last few months, so forgive my lack of posts!  I hope you are all doing well and staying dry and warm.  Summer is gone and fall is here in full swing.  Halloween arrived, along with Hurricane Sandy, so if you were affected by Sandy like we were, I hope you and your loved ones are safe and sound in the calm after the storm... and after the nor'easter that followed Sandy and left us with a few inches of snow!!!

After being stuck without power for about a week or so, living off of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, crackers, and dry cereal, I found myself craving something warm and gooey and sweet...  Hmmmm.  The solution?  Crescent rolls of course!

The secret ingredients to make the most delicious desserts?!  Why decadent chocolate of course!  And ooey gooey delicious apples with cinnamon and sugar!  I decided to make a batch of crescent rolls filled with chocolate hazelnut spread, and in honor of fall, a second batch filled with apples that I first cooked on the stovetop with cinnamon and sugar.  After filling the dough and creating a sort of dumpling shape, I coated the crescent rolls in sugar and baked them.   The result?  Pure perfection served with a tall glass of milk.









No comments:

Post a Comment