Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Independence Day!


Hello everyone!  Happy Fourth of July!  (I know that it is a day late, but I was having major internet problems yesterday!)  My Independence Day celebration was awesome.  It started with the Mets game in the afternoon.  They lost and they aren't the Yankees, but hey, still a good time.  Haha!  I then spent the evening on a pier across from NYC.  There was heart pumping music, lots of excitement, and crowds of people!  I ate a delicious cheesesteak sandwich and watched the Macy's fireworks over the Hudson River.  What a magnificent display; by far the best in the country in my opinion!  I brought Riley with me, but I don't think he appreciated the show as much as I did.  The loud "booms" sounded like canon ball shots and with every shot fired his tail went down and he tried to stand behind me.  Poor pup.  I ended up holding him for the entire thirty minute show.  How did you spend your holiday?

So I know that I promised everyone Dallas pictures...  I have a really good excuse as to why there are none up yet...  I didn't take many photos while I was there!  I ended up taking a few pics with my cell phone, but they didn't come out as good as I would have liked them to.  I had an amazing time in Dallas despite my lack of photographic proof!  The weather was extremely hot and dry, but I didn't let that get me down!  I went to a Texas Rangers baseball game against the Tigers at the ballpark in Arlington, learned how to play a new card game (and rocked it btw), went swimming on a rooftop, saw Jersey Boys (AMAZING!!!), went to a genuine honky tonk bar that even featured a round old man in a plaid shirt with a big belt buckle and a cowboy hat doing a little shuffle dance, drank some nice Lone Star beer, and more!  Jeff was the perfect host!  Thanks Jeff!  I can't wait to see you again soon!  Providence perhaps?!  (If you are interested in seeing the Broadway tour of Jersey Boys [Tour 2 features Brad Weinstock as Frankie Valli] then check out their schedule here.)

Hope summer is treating you well!  Stay cool everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! would you mind following each other via bloglovin? :)

    /Malin @ http://fashionfied.tk Love your blog! would you mind following each other via bloglovin? :)

    /Malin @ http://fashionfied.tk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Absolutely! Just follow me on Bloglovin' and I will certainly follow you! Best wishes!!

      Delete