|watercolor, ink, and pencil drawing inspired by the J. Crew July 2012 Style Guide|
Here are some recent Instagram shots that I wanted to share with you! The picture above is of a new watercolor painting that I created. Debating creating prints to sell in the new shop that I am working on. What do you think?
The following picture is of the absolutely AMAZING homemade cannoli cream that my sister and I made the other night. We needed a girls' night calorie-fest desperately! Now I don't know about you, but we love cheese. All kinds of cheese, every kind of cheese, so cheese was the theme for the night. We watched cheesy chickflicks and made a three course meal all incorporating cheese in some capacity. Here was the menu for the night:
- Appetizer: Oven toasted French bread slices drizzled with olive oil, seasoned with sea salt and cracked black pepper, and topped with slices of fresh mozzarella cheese and prosciutto
- Dinner: Baked macaroni and cheese
- Dessert: Homemade cannoli cream (made with ricotta cheese), served with Stacy's cinnamon and sugar pita chips
Here is the recipe we used, inspired by Alex Guarnaschelli's recipe which you can find here.
NIKKI & DI'S HOMEMADE CANNOLI CREAM
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips