Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Ring With Signet - ficance!

I've been dreaming about this ring for a long time.  My mother had one.  Hers was gold, with a thin delicate band, and elongated plate with her scripted initials engraved on it.  The elongated plate had the most delicate gold design laced around it.  It was elegant and feminine.  A signet ring is a classic piece of jewelry and extremely personal.  Every stylish person has some signature personal piece.

When I was in middle school I saved up my pennies to buy this sterling silver poison ring with a large black stone from a local hippie shop that used to be downtown.  I thought it was the coolest ring ever because it had a secret compartment!  (Of course, I didn't realize at the time that that compartment was originally for drugs... I mean, I did buy it in a hippie shop called Tumbleweed...)  Eventually I grew out of my poison ring and moved on to more sophisticated pieces.  (Although every now and then my poison ring makes an appearance!  haha)

After my poison ring days, for years my signature piece was a gold cameo ring gifted to me by my parents years ago, but to my absolute dismay my gold cameo ring was "misplaced".  I don't know if it was stolen or just lost in a move, but somehow my precious ring is gone and I'm without a signature piece!  (Oh no!)  For a time I was wearing a Tiffany starfish necklace because I am in love with all things beach and ocean related, but it just didn't feel personal enough and neutral enough to wear everyday, as a signature piece should be.  Cue in this signet ring by Sarah Chloe!  Now I can have my very own!  I love the minimalistic design of this oval shaped signet ring.  Is it wrong to want more than one?!?!  I love the gold ring, but lately I have a soft spot for rose gold.

Which do you like best?

Do you have a signature piece that says something about you and that you wear everyday?


Lana Oval Signet Rings by Sarah Chloe in yellow gold, sterling silver, rose gold



2 comments:

  1. Signet rings have gotta be gold surely? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! :-D Definitely gold. Definitely.

      Delete