Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Phenomenal Music

Last night J was practicing some songs on the guitar.  He sang and played a few songs while I sat and worked on a post.  There is nothing like music to get your brain flowing.  I've actually read that certain music, classical in particular, helps your mind develop in beneficial ways.  I guess that could be true.  I definitely think that learning music helps your brain develop and utilize parts of it that you don't usually use, which in turn makes you smarter.  Music is a unique combination of logical and creative/emotional, of literal and abstract.  I've read that people only use a tiny portion of their brains.  Imagine what would happen if people could use their whole brain?!  It reminds me of that John Travolta movie, Phenomenon.  He gains complete use of his brain and is actually able to move things with his mind!  Of course it isn't all rainbows and butterflies since his character dies in the end (Sorry for the movie spoiler, but it's an old movie!), but imagine having that kind of "brain power"?  Whoa, watch out.  Well, until I reach Phenomenon status I'll continue to listen and enjoy being serenaded.  What girl wouldn't love that?  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment